14 March 2009

The Lion King

So I just returned from seeing "The Lion King" at the Paramount theater and it was INCREDIBLE!!! I had been waiting to see this musical since it was first introduced on Broadway and was so excited when it came here. I couldn't believe how amazing it was. The costumes and the sets were so awesome and the singers/actors were incredible as well, giving performances that bring tears (maybe...). It was amazing how close they stuck to the script and how they managed to find actors that sounded so close to the original voices of the film. (I have seen the film a few dozen times as it is my favorite of Disney.) My mom had heard that just the opening scene was worth the ticket price, and whoever said that was completely right. When that African chant starts, WOW! I could watch it over and over. Unfortunately tomorrow is the last day it's playing here in Seattle, but judging by the response it got, it will most likely come back soon. And I will be there again!