26 May 2009

Santa Lucia Mercado

Yay my first Chilean post! The photo above...I actually saw that building today! It was my favorite building of the day and I don't even know what it is. Unfortunately it was dark when I saw it so I didn't get a good picture of my own, but I plan on going back to get more. But it's right across the street from the Santa Lucia Mercado which was the first outing I've actually been on here in Santiago. It was just a cool open air market, similar to the Fremont fair, etc. But it was nice to get out and explore. We've mostly been doing teacher training lately so we don't have too much time to get out and about in the city so I'm glad I'm staying for a few days after the program. In a couple days I'll be shipping out to San Felipe where I will be teaching high school kids! It's right at the foot of the Andes mountains so even though I'm not on the coast, I'll still fit right in cause Seattle has coast and mountains. Maybe my family will take me snowboarding!! The internet is very available so be prepared for lots of updates about how awesome Chile is!

No comments: