25 July 2008

25 Books to Read Before 25













I've always wanted to be one of those people who can say they were "well-read" so when I saw an article in our daily newspaper about a year ago for the 25 books to read before you were 25, I decided to save the list and start checking them off my list. Some I was proud to say that I had already read, but I still have a lot left on the list. All the books I have read so far have been insightful and creative, and I would definitely have put them on my list of ones to read. So here is the list of the 25, ones that I have read, am reading and are next on the list!

Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
Animal Farm by George Orwell
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Ishmael by Daniel Quinn
Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe
The Crucible by Arthur Miller
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Catch 22 by Joseph Heller
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson
The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
The Jungle by Upton Sinclair
The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
The Sun Also Rises by Earnest Hemingway
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
The Quiet American by Graham Greene
The Stand by Stephen King
On the Road by Jack Kerouac
Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser

So there it is. Clearly I've got some reading to do. Even if you're already over 25 I would still recommend reading these books. Hopefully this will help anyone who wants to be well-read!

1 comment:

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Yikes! I only have one more year to go - better get moving!