14 November 2009

Pirate Radio

So a friend and I made plans to go see a movie last night, but there weren't very many to pick from. There are some good ones that aren't out yet and to be honest, it's just too early for me to see "A Christmas Carol", so we decided upon "Pirate Radio" and, man, was it a good choice! The story falls in 1966 when rock and roll music was banned from radio airwaves, so a group of crazy guys (and one lesbian) set up a station on a ship and anchored offshore to broadcast anything they wanted. These guys are so hilarious and weird that there is rarely a break in laughter throughout the entire film. As for the music, it is full of great songs and artists. Now, I grew up listening to the music my parents listened to (don't all kids?) so even though the movie took place in the 60s, I was familiar with all the songs being played and it was great! The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, all great artists. So if you're a fan of the rock music of the 60s along with a great story line, I definitely recommend seeing this movie.

No comments: