11 November 2009

Missing Chile

So it's been almost three months since I have returned from Chile and I have to say I am uber missing it something fierce. There are many, many things I miss about it since it was a great experience, but here are a few things I miss the most.

1. The food. I'm so sad that we don't have the same stuff here because Chilean food is so delicious. Lomitos, poroto, escabeche, sopapillas, empanadas and really good bread. Mmmm. I could go for all of those right now.

2. The word "kemchup". Haha! Okay, I miss speaking Spanish in general, but I was having a bad day the other day and remembered the word "kemchup" and it totally cheered me up. The word for "ketchup" in Chile is "ketchup" but my friends and I were out at a restaurant one night and we were discussing that even when you say "ketchup", they don't really understand, but if you say "kemchup" then they understand. It's a funny word...

3. The mountains. I had the most unbelievable view of the Andes from my home town and I miss waking up every day and getting to see the sun shining off the snow. It was so serene and made me happy to be there every day. Yeah, we have mountains here, but I can't see them from my house.

4. Traveling on the weekends. After a long week of teaching, there was nothing more fun than going to different cities or countries during the weekends to see friends or see awesome cites. Believe it or not, the buses in Chile were so comfortable and traveling on them was very calming. I miss being able to just take off on a bus and visit a different city.

5. Everyone I met!!! I seriously met some of the most awesome people on this trip and I miss them all! We are all spread out over the world right now and I only hope there comes a time when we can all come back together and reunite in the future!

No comments: