09 December 2008

Marley & Me

I had never cried from reading a book until I read this one. Not that it's a bad book. The exact opposite actually. This is one of the best books I have read in long time. It is so touching and something that everyone can relate too. Although I was pet deprived as a kid (stupid dad allergies), I always loved animals and still do. The first thing I'm going to buy when I am settled in my own apartment with my excellent career job is a dog. And this book just solidified that even more. Marley & Me follows the story of John and Jenny, a married couple who bring a dog home to live with them. He is an awful dog, but so happy and spirited that it really doesn't matter how many walls he destroys, they love him anyways. The story continues with adding onto the family, moving, and the last days of Marley's life (cue the crying). It's just amazing to hear a story about a dog that strengthens a family so much like Marley does. If you have pets, or even if you don't, read this book. It will take you two days. And then see the movie! It comes out Christmas Day!

1 comment:

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Oh I can't wait to see this movie!