04 January 2009

2009 In Movies

I think 2009 is going to be a great year for movies. So I am bringing you my top 5 most anticipated films of the new year that I am most excited to see. If you want to learn more about these films, or any others for that matter, check out one of my favorite websites imdb.com!

5. Youth In Revolt (April)
Yes, I used to absolutely LOVE Michael Cera, so when I saw he was headlining this movie, I went out and bought the book and read it very quickly. Now, as long as Cera doesn't refuse to do the Arrested Development movie (there have been rumors he is holding out...) I will be very excited to see him in this role. People say he is a typecast actor, but I think this character will provide new challeges and let us see him in a new role.

4. Public Enemies (July)
Dude, Johnny Depp and Christian Bale as gangsters...enough said! It's been almost two years since we've seen Depp on the big screen. It's time to come back to us!

3. I Love You, Man (March)
I will stand in line for anything starring Paul Rudd OR Jason Segal. Here, I get both! Not to mention Jon Favreau, Andy Samberg and Rashida Jones. Stellar cast and guaranteed laughs on this one.

2. The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (TBD)
I was excited to see this movie before the unfortunate passing of Heath Ledger. I spent a lot of days imdb-ing him because of The Dark Knight and it got me interested in this film. Now that he is gone, I think it will be an insane tribute to him and it will be great to see Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell add to his role. Judging by the stills from this movie, it will be out of control. In a really, really good way. You can bet I'll be there opening day.

1. Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (July)
Seriously, this was supposed to come out in November of 2008 so already having to wait an extra 8 months is not cool. This is the place in the saga where things start to get really dark and twisted so I am excited to see that played out on screen. So far the 5th movie in the series has been my favorite, so I'm hoping the elements that I loved about that movie continue on into the 6th and 7th films. EEE! Midnight showing is where I'll be of course.

No comments: