23 January 2009

Brandon Roy's Jersey Retires


Last night was an amazing evening at Hec Ed Pavilion. Thanks to one of my regulars at the shop, I received two tickets to last night's UW men's basketball game vs. USC and was so grateful that I did because I got to see the retirement of Brandon Roy's jersey during the pre-game. I have double pride for Brandon Roy because not only does he represent my college, but also my high school! The ceremony was short, but very moving with a full stadium all on their feet and cheering. Roy was joined by many of his family members, including his two adorable kids and his fiance Tiana Bardwell, who was in my graduating class in high school and I was very happy to see they are still together. It was an exciting event and one that Roy totally deserves. And if that wasn't enough, we saw the current UW team stomp the Trojans in a 78-73 win! We're well on the way to leading the Pac-10 this year. GO HUSKIES!!

No comments: