09 October 2009

My Life Update In One Blog

Yeah, it has been awhile, but I'm back to the blog! I took a little September sabbatical from writing to concentrate on some other things, so here is what I've been up to since being back from South America.

Almost immediately upon my arrival back home, I attended the wedding of a very good friend of mine. The wedding was so beautiful and I only wish I was a little less jet-lagged and could have enjoyed it a bit more! I didn't think the time difference was that big of an issue, but I guess after two days of traveling, I hadn't quite caught up yet. But it was a wonderful week, especially because some of my friends who I hadn't seen in a long time were in town and we were able to enjoy dinners out.

In the first week of September, I started looking at concerts that were coming to the Seattle area and seeing what the line-ups were for this fall. I noticed that one of my favorite bands, Band of Horses, was going to Spokane, WA and then Vancouver, BC but not Seattle! But since I had some spare time on my hands, I decided to make the trek to Spokane to see them and, more importantly, see my best friend who I hadn't seen in 9 months! We had a great time at the concert and it was so nice to see her again, FINALLY!

After hearing (a lot) about the passing of MJ while I was in Chile, I came back home to find out that a couple of his famous outfit pieces were featured at the EMP. A few of us took advantage of Free Thursday, a program that allows all visitors to go to museums free on the first Thursday of the month, and decided to go check out his sparkley coat and of course, the glove.

And of course, my most favorite part about the fall, FOOTBALL SEASON!!! That has definitely been taking up my weekends and I am so happy to have the Huskies back in my life. They have begun their season with a great start so far including a win against USC which was the most amazing game I think I have ever seen. Plus, the vibe at the tailgates has been incredible since we have won a couple games and we've been stepping up our culinary skills and included French toast one morning! The next game is tomorrow and I am stoked! I feel another win coming!

No comments: