13 October 2009

Tailgate Treats

One of the things I love about tailgating is the delicious food everyone makes and contributes. In the past we have been cooking up French toast, lamb burgers and pulled pork sandwiches. Well, this week I wanted to see if I could recreate my favorite Chilean barbeque classic CHORIPAN! And I have to say, I did a good job! It is super simple to make, all you need is bread, chorizo (best quality can be found at Whole Foods) and pebre. I looked for a few pebre recipes, but I ended up combining a couple to make my own and it was so tasty so I will share it with you below.

Pebre:
1/2 bunch of chopped cilantro
3 minced garlic cloves
1/2 diced white onion
2 medium diced tomatos
3 diced jalapenos
1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
salt & pepper to taste
1/3 cup olive oil

I recommend combining all the ingredients, except the olive oil, and putting it in the fridge overnight so all the flavors can combine and then add the olive oil when it's serving time! Just pile loads on top of your chorizo and you're good to go. Enjoy!