02 October 2008

Bargains - Part 1

This summer was all about finding the bargains. As much as I love shopping, I usually have a hard time paying full price for most things. With inspiration from my friend who writes shop.frugality, I've decided to share with you some finds that I have come upon in the past few months and to let you know places to look that you might not have thought of. Accessories today, clothing to come later!

White Tiger Bracelet
Urban Outfitters - $5.99
I saw this bracelet and thought "I have to have this" as I am a big fan of tigers. Now, it was originally $24.99 and I never would have bought it at that price, but lucky me I happened upon a sale. Usually the funkier the jewelry, the more likely it is to be on sale. That's why I own so much funky jewelry.

Teal Zebra Bracelet
Chico's - $2.99
Ordinarily people my age wouldn't think to look at an older women's store for jewelry, but I actually own a lot of jewelry from Chico's. They use great colors and it always stands out. I'm not even sure the original price because they just had a giant bowl of bracelets to peruse. It was definitely worth looking through and anyone at any age could find something they like.

Purple Square Ring
Bartell Drugs - $7.00
Who would have though Bartell's would have jewelry this pretty? I saw this and thought since I'm a Husky, I pretty much need it. If you're looking for costume jewelry, or nine simple pairs of earrings for less than $10, it's not only at Claire's, but you can also find them at Bartell's.

The Samantha Jones
For Love 21 - $3.99
I call this necklace "The Samantha Jones" because it looks like something her character would wear on 'Sex and the City' and she is my favorite when it comes to accessories. For Love 21 is the accessories store for Forever 21. It's a great place to find jewelry because they have such a HUGE selection. Even though this one was on sale, the original price was only about $7.99 or so, so basically it's a great deal either way for a cool piece of jewelry.

Walking The Plank
Chico's - $24.99
This one reminds me of a bunch of planks put together for a boardwalk or something. The brown pieces are made to look exactly like wood and give a very exotic, yet elegant look when matched with a low cut dress. Again, it's from Chico's. It's a bit more pricey, yet I'm always looking for something new and different and with the original price being $48.00, I thought the sale price was reasonable.

No comments: