14 October 2008

Spokane

This weekend I decided to trek over to the other side of the state to see how my newly married friend now lives. Now, Spokane is no Seattle, but it still had some fun elements and it was nice to see a new city. Here are a couple places I recommend visiting if you're ever in the neighborhood.

Raw Sushi & Island Grill is the place I would recommend for dinner in downtown Spokane. They have amazing food, and I can say that because I am not the biggest fan of sushi and I thought it was fantastic. They have probably the best calamari I have ever tasted and so many selections of different sushi rolls that it was impossible to pick just one. I decided to go with the Mexi-Cali, an inside-out maki roll with crab mix, cream cheese and jalapeno. It had a dollop of spicy sauce on the top for the perfect amount of hot. If you love sushi, or even if you don't but are brave enough to try it, this place is definitely somewhere you'll want to visit.

The Marquee Lounge is a great bar located just blocks away from Raw Sushi right in the middle of downtown Spokane. It is a swanky bar with high ceilings and a towering bottle display. When we first walked in at around 8:00 there was close to no one in there, but we needed a place to watch the end of the game and the seating looked pleasing. Then we looked at the drink menu and were convinced to stay. They have pages of signature cocktails to pick from, all that looked delicious. We talked about just staying for a bit and then checking out some other places, but the cocktail waitress convinced us that the night would pick up. Boy did it! Within a couple hours, the bar was completely filled with people, the dance floor was packed and the bouncers had to move our table out of the way. We managed to get stamps to go up into the VIP section of the bar, which turned out was basically just a smaller bar upstairs, but it was a cool experience. To check out more pictures of the bar, visit their website. Or just visit the bar!

1 comment:

englishgal said...

Hi
I went tonight to the Marquee Lounge. The place was packed! I got to go upstairs to the VIP section and had bottle service. Very uptown. I am from Portland. I wish they had a place like Marquee there. It reminds me of a bar I went to in Vancouver, BC. Did you check out the bathroom? The womens is Bright Pink- shocking I would say....too fun. That place had the best looking bartenders and waitresses. If only I lived in Spokane. The only thing I could say that I didn't like was the music was so loud that it was hard to carry on a conversation on the main floor. Oh- well at least I got to see all of the eye candy walking by me.