21 October 2008

Ed Emberley Drawing Books

Ed Emberley is such a cool artist and his creations are so much fun to draw. My siblings and I grew up with his drawing books and we still love them to this day. Even though my drawing skills have progressed passed needing a book to tell me how, I still enjoy learning to draw funny creatures that I wouldn't normally think of. The best thing about his drawing books is his methods. He uses the simplest shapes like circles, squares, and lines to create these creatures that even the youngest of kids can draw them. The most recent one I have found is Ed Emberley's Drawing Book of Weirdos, perfect for Halloween. I highly recommend having one of these on hand just for some fun or maybe adding a character to a card or invitation of some sort. For a full list of his books (cause it is way to long to type them all here), visit his website!

No comments: