09 October 2008

Water For Elephants

Okay, I know summer is over, but who says you can only have a reading list during a certain season? Being out of school and not needing to read over-sized textbooks anymore, I am able to get back to reading fun books like I used to when I was younger. I recently finished "Water For Elephants" by Sara Gruen and found it very good. The story is about a boy just finishing up vet school when he finds out his parents died and he loses everything. He is walking along train tracks one evening and decides to jump on, only to find himself entering the life of a circus worker. The story is very cute and if you like animal stories you'll probably like this one. Some things are hard to stomach, but it makes the story more enthralling and enjoyable. If you find yourself with some extra time and want a quick read (it took me about 4 days, with a lot of stopping), then pick this one up.

No comments: