09 October 2008

Rogue Dead Guy Ale

I was out with some friends last night at the Red Door in Fremont and didn't really know what I wanted to drink. For those that know me (or go to Beerfest with me), if I don't know what I want, I usually pick the drink with the weirdest name. So last night I chose the Rogue Dead Guy Ale and it turned out to be fantastic! It is probably up there in my top three favorite beers. It has a darker color like an amber or an IPA, but without the bitter flavor. I found it very light and refreshing, almost fruity (but in a good way). Okay so I'm not a beer connoisseur, but it was definitely tasty. I looked it up on Rogue's website and it turns out it won the silver medal in the World Beer Championships three years in a row. So it turns out I might know how to pick good beer, so try it! Even if it wasn't for the name, the label is so badass that, had I seen it in the store, I probably would have bought it for that reason also.

No comments: