21 October 2008

Bargains Part 2

Finally, here is part 2 of my bargains blog. These are the fun and fabulous deals I have found over the past few months. The trick to finding good deals and awesome clothing is to go shopping with NO expectations that you will find anything. Due to Murphy's Law, if you're looking for something, you probably wont find it. All of the following I have simply just come across and then fallen in love with afterwards.


The Best Bargain
Value Village: $0.99
Although I have been wanting a high-wasted black skirt, I certainly didn't expect to find one I liked at Value Village. I really like the pockets and it is pretty much a timeless piece that I will be able to wear forever. And what a deal! My friend would be proud. You never know what you might find at a thrift store.

The Favorite
Nordstrom Rack: $39.99
I instantly fell in love with the colors and cut of this dress and it has become one of my favorite pieces of clothing I own now. Although it is a bit pricey for a bargain, when I found out the brand and original price after I took it home, I felt I got a real good deal. The dress is French Connection and its original price was $149.00. This is a great dress to wear casually or can easily be dressed up for a night out. I paired it with my Steve Madden gladiator shoes (the cheaper version of the Chanel's) and lots of accessories and have dubbed it my Carrie Bradshaw look. My new challenge is to find a way to wear it during the winter...


The Necessity
BCBG Outlet: $19.99
Everyone needs a little black dress. I have about six of them, but this one is definitely a step up from the classic cocktail dress. I found this one at the Quil Ceda outlet mall. The store has some really great finds there if you're looking for dance dresses or party dresses. I just happened across this one and couldn't pass it up for only $20 (originally $89.99 or so). The twisted straps and rouched waist band give it a little extra spice and remember, black equals lots of fun accesories! I also like to wear my gladiator shoes with this and add my plank necklace (Bargains Part 1).

For Work And For Play
Target: $5.99
I now go to Target because I can almost always find what I call the "Six Dollar Target Dress". This was the first one I found for my Valentine's Day outfit. The wrap dress style is really flattering, especially on those with bigger features like me, and they are so comfortable. You can wear this dress for going out or it makes a different style for the office. I pair mine with a tank underneath, black tights, and black boots. Originally $24.99, this dress is definitely worth its value.

No comments: