27 June 2009

Buenos Aires Zoo

While in Buenos Aires, of course I had to visit the zoo. And lucky me, it was only a few blocks from my hostel! I think it was the best zoo I have visited anywhere so far. The landscaping was very pretty (the photo above is what you see right when you walk in) and most of the animals had their own little homes that seemed to be designed for the region that the animal would come from. It was very cool, though, because they had animals that I hadn't seen at any other zoo such as camels, black panthers and siberian tigers. If you like zoos like I do, I would put this one on your list. But we'll have to wait for the comparison to the Santiago Zoo later on my trip!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ohh that's such a great place, i went there with some friends as part of one of my buenos aires tours and we had a great time, really fun the fact that you can feed almost every animal. Great picture of the lagoon !