22 June 2009

Gran Cafe Tortoni

When I was in El Centro, I visited the Gran Cafe Tortoni which was a cafe recommended in my travel book. I'm so glad I decided to check this one out because it was so cute. All the employees were old men. The waiters were wearing tuxedos and the hosts were wearing sweater vests with ties. Argentina is known for their delicious meat, so I decided to get a steak sandwich. It's true. It was probably one of the bests slabs of meat I've ever had. The book also recommended getting the "chocolate con churros" which is a staple of Argentinian "postres". It's rich hot chocolate with sugar-coated churros for dipping and it was delicious! The atmosphere was so nice and I enjoyed sitting and reading my book while I ate. It was a nice break from the busy streets outside. I definitely agree with the book's recommendation for this place!

No comments: