28 June 2009

Neverland Sushi Bar

So last night I ended up in a pretty weird situation, but I got some free drinks and free sushi out of it! I went with this guy to Neverland Sushi Bar in El Centro of my city and it was a pretty cool place. I would have enjoyed it more under different circumstances, but I thought it was cute how they had theme nights. We happened to be there on Country Night and all the waiters and bartenders were dressed up in cowboy hats and scarfs and boots for the occasion. It was really quite cute. The sushi, of course, was not as good as what you can find in Washington. We ordered the Ebi Roll which was shrimp, cream cheese, rice and avocado, however it was mostly rice and not enough of the insides to stand out. Plus the rice was a bit mushy. Maybe that's just the way they make it here, but I would definitely stick to Seattle sushi! But it's definitely somewhere I might return, perhaps with different company.

No comments: