07 June 2009

Valparaiso, Part 2


So this past Saturday, a friend from the program and I decided to take a day trip to the city of Valparaiso. The city was soooo pretty and I got super excited when I saw the ocean. All the houses are different, very vibrant colors which is a huge change from the US, but I liked it a lot. When I have a house, I want to paint it bright blue. The city is very hilly and we're not talking small ones. The hills are very steep and high, so in some areas they have "acensors" which are like hill elevators. Unfortunately they are closed on the weekends, so Dominique and I had to walk. It was great exercise. The city is a port town and there were some big ships in the harbor. It definitely felt like a pirate town...so of course I loved it. Plus it was full of cool graffiti that was more like art than vandelism. I definitely want to go back and visit more museums. One day here was not enough!

No comments: