27 June 2009

Termas Jahuel

So this is a bit overdue, but I just received the pictures this week. A couple weeks after I arrived here, while the school was on strike, I visited Termas Jahuel Hotel & Spa. This was more like a resort! It was secluded up on the mountain side, you needed to ask permission to enter, it was like nothing else I've ever seen here in Chile. This place had an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, a spa, four or five buildings for rooms, tennis courts, hiking paths, it is ridiculous. I went up there with a colegue to talk with the executive chef of the restaurant to ask for students from my Liceo to come up and practice their skills. But I mostly just looked around in awe. I asked about the prices for the spa and how much it would cost to stay, surprisingly it isn't that expensive. But I guess compared to other things in Chile it would be.

No comments: