01 February 2010

Music Monday



The Grammys are always full of fantastic performances, but this year I have to say my favorite was Green Day's performance of their song "21 Guns" featuring the cast of the new Broadway musical "American Idiot". I'm not even a huge fan of Green Day, but the whole combination of the chorus and band together was very moving. I would actually be interested in seeing the musical after that performance.

As far as the awards go, many won that deserved it. But I was so bummed that Silversun Pickups didn't win Best New Artist. I mean, obviously I'm biased because they have entered my top three favorite bands, but I really thought they deserved to take that one home. Especially since I hadn't even heard of the other band... I was also disappointed that The Lonely Island didn't take home Best Rap/Sung Collaboration for "I'm On A Boat", but the fact that it went to someone else was a little more understandable than the other category.

No comments: