28 February 2010

Valentine's Day

As my usual Valentine's date has moved across the country and abandoned me here, I went to go see Valentine's Day with my mom. This movie is being taken down by reviews, saying that the story lines are kind of buzz kills and don't have the happy endings that you would expect from this kind of movie. But to be honest, that is what I liked about it! The relationships, the jobs, the situations, everything was real. Things fell apart, there were main characters working in a mail room, it was just a very real movie showing how things actually happen. And you were still left feeling good at the end. Things I hate about the "chick-flicks" if you will is that they play up these situations that just never happen. In my mind they make girls think these magical guys exist and have these huge expectations that these normal and perfectly good guys can't live up to. I recommend this movie if you're a down-to-earth person who understands not all relationships are perfect, but still believe that they can work in strange ways. My one complaint: not enough Bradley Cooper. Ha ha!

No comments: