23 May 2010

Looking Back One Year

It's amazing to think that one year ago today I was embarking on a journey that has completely changed my life. And while plans didn't necessarily pan out like they were supposed to, today is when I emotionally left for the amazing country of Chile.

Imagine spending weeks preparing for a big trip, packing, running errands, making sure you have everything, etc. Then the day finally comes when it's time to leave. You get up early, get yourself ready, say goodbye to everyone and head off to the airport. Only to find out that your first flight is delayed therefore preventing you from catching your next two flights. Man, that was not the best day. I was so excited to leave and get to Chile a day before orientation and spend time with the other people in my program. But no, I was forced to wait a whole other day! Moral of the story: Don't fly United Airlines.

However, when the next day came and I made my flights and made it to Santiago, it was such an amazing feeling. I can't believe a whole year has passed already. I miss it every day.

No comments: