31 May 2010

Summer Lists

Reading List


These are the books I plan to pour through this summer whenever the sun decides to come out.

1. The Fountainhead - Ayn Rand: I've had this one on my list for a long time. Pretty much ever since I finished her other book. Her writing is so amazing and her stories bring up such interesting philosophy. I can't wait to see what this one is about.

2. Out Stealing Horses - Per Petterson: When I was younger, I had a big thing for horses, so this book caught my eye. Then I read the summary and it sounded really interesting and from a different point of view so I added it to my list.

3. Eat Pray Love - Elizabeth Gilbert: Not gonna lie, I was totally hesitant about reading this book. But given my current state of life and my new found love for travel, I've decided to give this one a shot.

4. Road Dogs - Elmore Leonard: I randomly came across this book while at B&N. I'm very attracted to book covers (yes, I do judge books by their covers) and I read the summary and it has to do with Cuban culture as well as a mysterious story, so I'm hoping it will go along with my love for stories in other (Spanish-speaking) locations!



Movie List

These are the movies I will go see when the weather stinks.

1. The A-Team: Basically a two hour movie with a shirtless Bradley Cooper. That's all I need really...

2. Toy Story 3: I am so excited they made another one! I love these films and this one looks just as good as the other two. I can't wait.

3. The Twilight Saga: Eclipse: This movie is coming out on midnight of my best friend's birthday, and this is her activity of choice. I can't not go! Besides, it couldn't possibly be any worse than the last one, right?

4. MacGruber: I can't believe I haven't seen this yet to be honest. SNL stars and written/directed by members of The Lonely Island...winner.

No comments: