17 May 2010

Weekend Rewind

This weekend was a pretty epic start to summer. And it goes as follows:

Friday night, some of my girls and I went to a birthday party for a friend. The party was being hosted on an old ferry boat out of Harbor Island and had an appropriate "I'm On A Boat" theme. Basically a dream of mine since we all know how much I like that song and The Lonely Island. Plus, I was super psyched because I already had an outfit, given I used to work on boats. (Don't worry people, I covered up the logo of my shirt with a pin...and my hair.) But it was pretty sweet when someone told me I had the best outfit of the night.

The funny thing was, I was the only one with an actual boat uniform. The crew didn't even have them! I thought that was a little sketch and was glad there wasn't an emergency as I probably would have been the first one everyone came to for help. Ha ha!

But it was definitely a solid night full of dancing and one that took almost all of Saturday to recover from. Totally a good time and one I wouldn't mind recreating for one of my birthdays! Although, I would use my old company of course.

Sunday was the Alpha Delta Pi Founder's Day celebration at the chapter house. I was real glad it was there because I hadn't seen it since the remodel. Let's just say it made me pretty jealous that the remodel didn't take place when I was there. But it also made the event more personal and short and to the point. Not gonna lie, when it's at a different venue, it tends to drag on sometimes. But it was really nice seeing a lot of the sisters and hopefully I can get more involved with the chapter again.

Hope more fun weekends are to follow! I am so happy that summer is almost here!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Who's party was THAT? Awesome! No pics from founders day/of the house? What's different aside from the basement?

Erica said...

That party looks like/ sounds like it was a blast!!

I'm so jealous- I still need to see the house post-remodel!

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Looks like you guys had fun!! Glad Founders Day went well, I was bummed I had to miss it!