30 May 2010

Love/Hate Relationship

I love living in Seattle......most of the time. There really is everything here. Lakes and oceans, fun bars, great food and a huge sports scene. I was talking to one of my friends who mentioned that people who grow up in Seattle never want to leave. But honestly, I don't think that's me. Lately I've been thinking more and more about moving and exploring myself in another place.

The one thing I cannot stand, especially right now, is the weather. I feel like every year my Seasonal Affective Disorder gets worse and worse. It's almost June and I look outside and it's still gray. Gray skies, gray mood. Seriously, I feel like Eeyore. I wish the weather didn't affect me so much, but I think it affects a lot of people. When the sun is out, you just feel so great! Every year, we Seattleites joke that the summer weather comes on July 5th, but that's not always the case and is it too much to ask for it to come early!?

I've been working for UW this week and had to visit campus a few times and it really makes me think about going back to school. It's a pretty exciting feeling and will begin a new adventure. The school that I'm most interested in is in San Fransisco and I think that will be an excellent transition from Seattle. It's pretty much Seattle, but with better weather. While going back to school is a big commitment, it's possible I may be ready for that sometime in the next two years. It'll be tough to give up being here in the fall to root for my football teams (honestly I'm trying to devise a plan to fly back for games), but I think overall it will definitely be a huge benefit and so much fun!

I love Seattle, but I feel like I've seen it all (or most of it). I don't want to miss out on anything. What else is out there?

No comments: