25 January 2010

Blood Bank

With this tragedy in Haiti, I've felt kind of sad that I have no money to donate to them to help out. (Being unemployed doesn't provide for a lot of spare cash.) But last week I got an email saying that the Puget Sound Blood Center was at an all time low of my blood type and they needed me to come in and donate. So on Friday I made an appointment with the blood bank and finally donated my eighth pint of blood, putting me up to ONE GALLON! That's right, I have officially donated an entire gallon of blood. And I'm not stopping there. I've already made my next appointment to give again in March. It makes me feel good to know that I can help in some way, even if it is not for Haiti or is not in dollars. (Plus, I know this makes me weird, but I actually enjoy it!) So, if you have some spare time, and some spare blood, please go donate. If for no other reason than the free cookies and juice you get at the end. You'll feel good. I promise.

4 comments:

Erica said...

Yay! A gallon!? Congrats!! I still need to get mine! I used to volunteer for them and I know how hard it is to get people to donate. So thanks from an ex-volunteer :)

Puget Sound Blood Center: said...

Carly, congratulations on making it to a gallon! You're right that some of the most life-saving contributions aren't monetary, but can take the form of blood donation.

Best,
Sean DeButts
Social Media Coordinator
Puget Sound Blood Center
SeanD@psbc.org
http://www.psbc.org/programs/social_media.htm

Andrea said...

Yay! Carly this is huge! I wish I could donate a gallon of blood! Anyways I also have to say how I like the picture of your pin...it looks oh so very secret society!

Iva Messy said...

OMG!! WOW!!! Congratulations!!