13 January 2010

Bossy Bear

Does this bear not make you smile and perhaps crack up? I volunteer at a bilingual school that helps kids learn English, so obviously they have lots of children's books. I came across "Bossy Bear" today and thought I would give it a read. It seriously made me laugh a lot. It's about this bear who bosses people around and always gets what he wants. Like the muffin shown above. (Really, anything that includes muffins, I love. But more on that in another post.) He meets a couple other animals that invite him to play ball, but he's too mean so they don't like him.

Then he meets a cute little turtle with a balloon, orders Turtle to give him the balloon and then they become friends because Turtle tells him he doesn't need to be bossy and so Bossy Bear gives him a crown like the one he has. It's such a heartwarming story with a great moral. Okay, maybe it wont have you off your seats in hysterics, but just look at the cartoon and tell me these characters don't make you smile....huh? They are great. Bears, books, Battlestar Gallactica.

No comments: