26 January 2010

Something That Has Been Bothering Me...

WHY DON'T THE VAMPIRES IN TWILIGHT HAVE TO ASK PERMISSION TO ENTER A HOME?? Everyone, well I guess everyone except Stephenie Meyer, knows that vampires are not allowed to enter a home without being invited! It's the same in all stories. "Vampire Diaries": nope, can't come in. "Dracula": same story. "True Blood": invisible brick wall. "Buffy the Vampire Slayer": yeah right Spike. I used to be a pretty big fan of Buffy, before vampires were the big thing to be, watch, do...whatever. This was where I learned about vampires. And "Twilight" is not educating the young ones well. Honestly, when I picked up the first book to read it (I'll admit it, I've read 3 of 4), I was expecting the invitation tradition to hold true. But no, here comes Edward hopping into Bella's window in the middle of the night. What makes the Cullen's so special? Epic fail? Maybe.

No comments: