14 January 2010

My 150th!!


It's my 150th blog post, YAY!! We're almost halfway through January, and I'm going to follow the trend and make a couple small goals for this next year.

1. At least 100 blog posts this year! I'm going for it. I'm going to break my mold of my average 70-something blogs in a year and I'm going for 100 in 2010. Now that I have two blogs (I hope you read below!!), I think that I can focus more time and energy on bringing more Lemons and Limes to people.

2. Make more art! I seriously LOVE drawing and painting and doing little art projects, but sometimes I get too lazy. I need to get my butt into gear and keep up my good work. I'm definitely going to need a portfolio to apply for grad school, so I need to make some quality pieces that I would love to show off.

3. Send letters! This goes along with my art projects a little bit, since a letter is just not a letter to me, it's much more than that. I really actually enjoy making letters and I enjoy it even more when people get them and tell me how much they love them. So, if I don't have your address, get it to me and I'll get you a letter!

4. Take some dance classes! Every now and then, my past dancer conscience comes out and whispers, "Carly! Take classes again!" I loooove dancing. It makes me feel super confident and sexy so I want to find a really good studio that has some good classes (I've visited some duds) and hopefully get my groove back.

5. Play my guitar much more! I got a guitar for my 18th birthday, took some lessons, forgot about it for awhile, played it a couple times in college, and then a couple guy friends I met in Chile were jamming together and inspired me to finally keep it up. So once I got back from Chile, I started playing it more and I hope to continue doing that so I can jam with people next time I'm in a foreign country. Or anywhere.

6. Less Facebook! So, not gonna lie, sometimes I can spend too much time on this website, but recently I have shunned away from it. (I've only briefly checked it twice in the last 5 days!) I think it's a great way to keep in touch with people and all, I just think I don't need to find out everything about everyone through status updates and I think it will force me to call or email people more. Also, if I spend less time on Facebook, that means I will have more time to achieve the above goals.

These are just little goals of mine, obviously I have bigger ones, but those need more thought...and some are private, ha ha! I'll make sure to check up on myself. Happy 2010!

No comments: