21 January 2010

Things I Don't Understand Thursday


Sporting Events

Now, those who know me know that I am a die-hard sports fan. Especially when it comes to football and my Huskies. So when I am at these games in the fall, sporting my purple and gold and cheering them on, there are a few things that confuse me. As a forward I should note: I don't believe in being impartial when attending a sporting event. Choose a side.

1. Girls in heels. Seriously? Did you know where your man was taking you before you left the house today? If not, then I apologize. But if you knew you were coming to a football game, why did you wear your five inch heels? Football games (all sporting events really) are for jumping, cheering, drinking and spilling mustard from cheap hot dogs on your outfit. It's not a fashion show runway. Unless you count the hike up to your nose bleed seats a runway. How can you properly stand up and cheer without falling over in those? Cause I guarantee you also had a few drinks before the game.

2. People NOT wearing colors of the teams playing. Alright, I get that maybe some people go to these games without the proper attire. Maybe a friend invited you and you didn't have anything to wear. Fine. Two solutions: a) Borrow a shirt from your friend. If they're a big fan, it's likely that they have more than one, or b) Wear a neutral color. Black, white, gray. All are acceptable. One of the football games I went to this year, I saw a girl dressed in all pink. I really wanted to ask her if she knew where she was, or if she was just lost because the Barbie convention was in a different building. But honestly, you don't bother me as much as the next people...

3. People wearing team jerseys of other teams not playing. BIGGEST PET PEEVE EVER!! Up here in Washington, we have a little triangle of a rivalry between UW (the best), WSU and Oregon. So, imagine my shock when I am going to the UW vs. Oregon game and I see a guy decked out in his WSU gear. Who is this guy? Who is this guy??? First of all, WSU is not playing today, second of all, both of the teams that are playing HATE your team! Those are some pretty large crimson and silver balls you have down there. But it gets better. Inside the stadium, I'm walking to my seat and see a guy in full blown TEXAS gear...TEXAS!! Now, I love Texas football, but I'm sorry sir, you are at a UW vs. Oregon game. Do you take the wrong flight and end up at the wrong game or what? This is Washington. It's great that you love Texas, but that does not help us to understand who you're rooting for here. Seriously people, same rules apply. If you don't have the gear, black, white, gray.

No comments: