19 January 2010

A Job Search Hilarity

Searching for jobs can be frustrating, stressful and worrisome. But it can also be very hilarious. I've been applying for quite an array of positions just to see what I can get a bite on. Recently, I applied for a simple Receptionist position at this store. Later, I receive an email saying they would like to bring me in for an interview and the lady gives me a long list of interview times during this week and next. I promptly wrote back saying I was available for an interview anytime on Monday. (I volunteer at a school and since there was no school on Monday, it was perfect.) A few minutes later, I receive a confirmation saying I was penciled in for an interview on Tuesday @ 12:30am.........Whaaaat? I just kind of stared at the screen for a minute thinking "Okay...." I mean, she did ask when I could come in, right? And when would be the best time for me, right? Did I answer correctly? So all of a sudden, I have this interview on Tuesday instead. Not only that, no joke, it really did say 12:30AM. Obviously a typo, but seriously. That's a pretty extreme oops. And this isn't the first time I've seen this! So...there will probably be more of these stories. :)

No comments: